Change management. The management of change. Many books have been written on the subject. Here are the ingredients for organisational change.
1. Vision; where are we going and why does it matter?
2. Urgency; why do we need to change today?
3. A plan; how are we going to get there?
4. Resources; do we have people to do the work?
5. Competence; can the people deliver?
Put all these together and you can start organisational change. If you miss one of them you can end up with something different than expected. Here is some guidance on what will happen if you miss an element.